Is Hyaluronic Acid super hydrating? You better believe it
To the uninitiated, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) probably sounds a little intense; even scary. But, it actually works wonders to keep your skin healthy, happy and hydrated.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
HA is a naturally occurring molecule in the human body, which acts like a magnet for moisture. In fact, this over achiever has the seemingly magical ability to hold up to 1000 times its weight in water.
This helps keep your complexion forever young à la the age defiant Jennifer Lopez, whilst kicking any sign of fine lines or wrinkles to the curb.
Hyaluronic Acid is also known for:
- Being the holy grail of hydrators #humblebrag
- It's crowd pleasing abilities; particularly for dry/dehydrated or mature skin
- It's five-star reputation for producing collagen
- Fighting free radicals & environmental stressors
- Attracting loads of compliments (you really do look even more radiant & glow-y than usual)
As we grow older, our ability to produce Hyaluronic Acid naturally declines faster than you can say, “no fair!” which means we need to up the ante in other ways. You can opt for instant gratification via injectables - we like to maintain a JFZ (judgment free zone) or alternatively you can introduce HA to your skincare routine for a slow and steady but just as effective option.
When applied topically, HA acts as a humectant (hyoo/meck/tant), which is a fancy way of saying it does a bang up job of reducing the loss of moisture to your skin.